[WQS] Le classement des européens

Pour suivre le déroulement des épreuves et commenter les lives, ou tout simplement suivre les classements et épreuves

Messagepar zitoune » Mar Sep 16, 2008 07:43

quelle performance des européens et notamment de Tim Boal!
vraiment chapeau bas!
Tim Boal semble avoir assuré sa qualif, flores et picon vont se maintenir,pour peu que bourrez score à hawaii et ça sera la french connection sur le dream tour :ola:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

Probleme de connexion ou d'inscription : contactez moi via l'instagram du forum : surfrepotes
zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar zitoune » Sam Sep 27, 2008 09:45

Bon allez après la belle performance de michel bourrez au quik pro, celles de tim boal et joan duru, j'ai hate que la prochaine étape WQS démarre pour voir si les français vont réussir à assurer définitivement la montée! :yahoo:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

Probleme de connexion ou d'inscription : contactez moi via l'instagram du forum : surfrepotes
zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar Shark » Sam Sep 27, 2008 10:13

Une interview de Tim Boal a été publiée sur le site de l' ASP WorldTour ! Ca fait plaisir de voir une interview d'un français pour une fois, en particulier de Tim :

ASP a écrit:Inside ASP: Catch-up ***spam*** Current ASP WQS No. 3 Tim Boal on his Year

CAPBRETON, France (Friday, September 26, 2008) - The Quiksliver Pro France finished wednesday but the Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) World Qualifying Series (WQS) are about to get back on ***spam*** European surfers all readying for a good start to the end-of-the-year marathon that will take them from Brazil to the Canary Islands then Hawaii for the showdown. We caught up ***spam*** current ASP WQS No. 3 French surfer Tim Boal (Anglet, FRA), on his career, training, goals, and a look back on this year...

Name: Tim Boal
Date Of Birth: 08/07/1983
Residence: Anglet, France
Sponsors: Reef, Red Bull energy drink, Pukas surfboards, Oakley, Dakine, Surfersvillage
Years on the ASP WQS: Four years on "the Grind"

1. When did you start surfing? When did you decide to become a professional surfer?

I started surfing when i was 11 and living on the South East coast of France. The Mediteraneean Sea is not the best place for waves but it was enough to learn and good fun to surf over there. Surfers there are so motivated because it is hard to get good waves. I knew straight away I wanted to be a pro surfer and was always pretty sure that it was what I was going to do. I never imagined doing anything else which is why it has happened I believe...When you picture something in your mind for so long you usually make it happen sooner or later.

2. What are the key moments of your career? Things that pushed you to keep going?

Key moments in my career... I guess it started when my parents drove me around all over the place as a kid so I could surf a few times a week. Then moving to the French Basque Country when I was 14 and being able to go to a surf school and surf everyday ***spam*** good surfers and have a coach (Michel Plateau).

I started getting some results and then did good in the juniors, won a few events and that was cool, but I was pretty disappointed not to win the ASP European Junior title because of an injury... I think it was a really important moment in my career and it took me a while to get over it and had to learn how to put losses and bad luck behind you. The other thing that really pushed me was seeing Aritz (Aranburu) qualify for the ASP World Tour (as well as Daniel Ross, etc..) because we always competed together in the Pro Junior events and to see these guys up there was really motivating. Aritz is a great example to follow, he has a great attitude and is a great sportsman and even though he is younger than most of us I think all the guys in our age group really learnt from his qualification in 2007. I was kind of over surfing in 2006 and seeing him last year just gave me a new look on how to approach the tour and contests.

3. It has been a tough year in 2008, lots of events, big results, a win... How do you look back on your performances and your life this year?

It has been a long year... It started well when I got a 5th place in Brazil in February. Things went downwards after that for a while and I was a bit frustrated ***spam*** it all. I did not get through a heat for 3 contests in a row and was pretty bumped but I tried to stay positive and believe in myself. Before Huntington (The ASP WQS 6-Star US Open of Surfing) I just took it as a whole new year, and eventhough my surfing still felt a bit shaky i just needed a few heats to get my confidence back.

Every year something like that happens... two or three guys get on good rolls, especially on the ASP World Qualifying Series. This year in the first few events it was Hizunome Bettero (BRA) who was unstoppable,he had 4 big results in the first 5 events so I knew it was the thing to try and do, get in a rythm and believe it was my time. It is weird how things seem to go your way when you stay positive (last minute waves, luck, etc...). I am pretty happy ***spam*** how it went because i never had a good enough result before zarautz where I could say "I am in". Every week it was like starting from zero, all over again, which was a great thing, I learnt a lot this year from that.

I also had really good people around me all year ***spam*** Kingy (Andy King, Red Bull coach) and the other Red Bull guys, Michel Bourez (PYF), Clint Kimmins (AUS), Matt Wilkinson (AUS), Gavin Gillette (HAW), Wiggoly Dantas (BRA), and it was a very big part of it. This summer in Europe was even better ***spam*** these guys as well as my girlfriend,my dad and my fitness coach who were there. I have had a really fun year travelling ***spam*** a new group of guys and I have been enjoying it a lot.

4. It seems like the win in the Reef Vendee Pro in 2007 was a boost that changed your competitive approach?

Yes, I was really happy to win the Reef Vendee Pro last year but at the same time it was an ASP WQS 4-Star event and not as big a field as in a 5 or 6-Star events so eventhough it was great to win, it did not really help my confidence as much as my 3rd and 4th in Australia at Newcastle and Soldiers Beach at the beginning of last year. These two competitions are really tough and that is where I got the most confidence in 2007. I tried to get back in that sort of rythm this year, getting a few results back to back is a great feeling and to finish it off ***spam*** a win (at the Rip Curl Pro Zarautz) was the best feeling! Especially in Zarautz because I love the Basque Country and the people in that area. Hopefully I can win a 6-Star next and move on from there, one step at a time...

5. What work did you do to reach your goals? Has it been hard work?

Yes, it has been hard work definitely, but when you think back it never seems that hard. It is tough when you are working for something and you feel you are going backwards...That is when you have to believe in yourself and trust that you are doing the right things. I did a lot of fitness training and it is not my favorite thing at all... I find it pretty boring but when you get in a rhythm while training it is not too bad. A lot of surfing obviously, especially here in France in the cold Winter and learn how to stay motivated. I hated this Winter after three months but I really think it helped me a lot. A big part too was mental, learning how to stay positive "inside", and know what you want. It is hard to stay focused for a whole year but it is the best feeling in the world when you achieve your goals.

6. Looking at next year's ASP World Tour, what do you think right now? Level, surfers, favorites, waves...

I am just starting to think about it now... My break after this summer is over and I am going to get back to work pretty soon. I want to work on my fitness a bit more and that is going to take a few months before I can see results. I have to get my boards ready, and obviously work on my surfing to adapt it more to the tour which is different than the WQS...The ASP World Tour is different, the judges have more time to score, use video-replays, etc...and it is the same head judge during the whole year so you have to adapt to that.

The level of surfing on tour is amazing, everyone is getting better so hopefully I can improve as well. The waves are usually good too which is a good thing, ***spam*** a variety of pointbreaks, reefs and a few beachbreaks which is perfect. It is fair for everyone and you can really measure yourself against the other guys. I hope Kelly (Slater) will keep going, I want to see him win 10 (Slater is en route to winning an unprecedent 9th ASP World title this year) and it would be cool to be on tour when he makes it.

7. What is the feeling to eventually make it to the ASP Top 45?

I am still thinking about the rest of the WQS season, although I want to start working on things for next year and I also want to finish as high as possible on the WQS ratings. I would also love to do well in Hawaii, it is going to be really hard but I will do my best to try and get a result there, in those waves. They are the hardest events of the year so it would be a great feeling to do good there.

8. You are the 6th European to make it, the 6th in 6 years... Your view on the sport and the region?

I think next year is going to be interesting... I have a good feeling that Marlon (Lipke, currently No.9 on the ASP WQS) and Michel (Bourez, currently No. 14 on the ASP WQS) are going to make it this year. Hopefully Joan Duru (FRA, rated No. 30 at this stage) as well and that would be a perfect year. Aritz (Aranburu) will get the injury wildcard and to be the five of us together on tour would be so sick! We started competing against each other as juniors four years ago and it would be so fun if we could all be there next year.

Europe is a great place ***spam*** great waves so it was just a matter of time before this would all happen. What Russel (Winter) and Eric (Rebiere) did a few years ago was pretty crazy...They made it by themselves basically and they are the ones everyone should remember and thank for puting Europe on the map. They are a bit forgotten now that there are four Europeans on the ASP World Tour but they were the ones who "did" it.

9. Your experience as a wildcard in this year's Quiksilver Pro France? What have you learned?

It was really really fun... I had a tough draw and Kelly (Slater) in a Man-on-man heat is not the easiest way to start but it was good fun and I would not change it for anything. I was just having little looks at what he was doing, etc... It was good to get a feeling of what the judging is like, that was my main goal in the event. I only surfed two heats so it was short but hopefully I can learn fast next year!

10. What about this injury? What's the plan for the end of the year?

I have an inflammation of the tendons and ligaments in the arch of my right foot, it is called plantar fascitiis. It is really painfull and basically I just need some rest and hopefully it will go away slowly. I have not been able to walk the last few days but I am getting treatment and I am pretty confident it is going to heal. It is there so I have to deal ***spam*** it, I just hope I can finish the year and be ready for 2009.

11. Any special thanks?

Off course... My parents, my girlfriend, my friends, my coach, everyone at Reef, all the crew at Red Bull at all the events this year, Kingy, Oakley, Dakine, all the guys at Pukas, they work really hard to get all the team boards out and they support us so well, everyone who believed in me and sent me some positive energy, sorry if I forget anyone...

For more on Tim Boal, check out http://www.aspeurope.com
http://www.slidesurfboards.com

You don't have to swim faster than the shark ... just faster than your buddy !
Shark

Nombre de sessions: 0

Messagepar zitoune » Dim Sep 28, 2008 15:56

Bien cool pour lui, j'espère qu'il va accrocher cette qualif avec Michel Bourrez :yess:
L'année 2008 WCT est bouclée grosso modo, le QS par contre va être sacrément intéressant
par contre il est sur de son coup pour la injury wildcard d'arritz? :blonde:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar Uhaina » Mar Oct 21, 2008 11:41

Je viens de faire un tour sur le site de la FFS,plus pour avoir des infos sur les championnats de France (toutes disciplines) qui commencent bientôt,je suis tombé sur une interview de Tim Boal qui date un peu (fin septembre),mais interessante,en gros c'est un surfeur qui vient tout droit de Med qui sera sur le WCT l'an prochain!
http://www.surfingfrance.com/federation ... w-tim-boal
Uhaina

Messagepar Prunel » Mar Oct 21, 2008 12:06

Il y a aussi une interview de lui et de Michel Bourez dans le SurfSession du mois d'octobre :wink:
Prunel

Messagepar Shark » Sam Oct 25, 2008 18:05

Le dernier WQS européen de l'année se déroule en ce moment au Portugal. Après un mois d'octobre chargé (un 4* et un 6* aux Canaries suivies de ce 6* au Portugal, et en parallèle trois WQS 6* au Brésil), le classement WQS ne cessent de changer. Aujourd'hui Marlon Lipke et Tiago Pires ont réussi à se qualifier pour les quarts de finale leur assurant au minimum 1625pts. Leur total de point va donc dépasser la barre des 11000 (virtuellement synonyme de qualification pour le top 44). Ils rejoingnent donc (normalement) Tim Boal sur la liste des européens qualifiés ! Il manque par contre à Michel Bourez un bon résultat, son total est de 10900pts et son plus mauvais résultat est de 1125pts. Il devra donc passer plusieurs tours dans les deux WQS 6* PRIME à Hawaii s'il veut se qualifier à son tour pour le top 44.

Shark

Messagepar zitoune » Dim Oct 26, 2008 04:28

merci shark pour les infos, c'est top de suivre ça grace à toi :ange:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar Shark » Mar Nov 11, 2008 12:27

Je fais le point sur le classement des européens sur le WQS avant les deux dernière épreuves de l'année, décisive pour le qualification sur le WCT.

- 5 : Tim Boal (FRA)
- 6 : Tiago Pires (PRT)
- 9 : Marlon Lipke (DEU)
- 57 : Patrick Beven (FRA)
- 60 : Gony Zubizareta (ESP)
- 63 : Hugo Savalli (REU)
- 71 : Aritz Aranburu (ESP)
- 75 : Hodei Collazo (ESP)
- 80 : Romain Laulhé (FRA)
- 84 : Eric Rebiere (FRA)
- 98 : Alain Riou (PYF)

Tim Boal, Tiago Pries et Marlon Lipke sont déjà qualifiés pour le WCT. Michel Bourez a toute ses chances mais il doit absolument faire un bon résultat lors des deux derniers WQS (il doit remplacer un résultat à 1125pts).
Demain commence la première épreuve de la Triple Crown of Surfing : le Reef Hawaiien Pro (Haleiwa, Oahu), doté de 6* PRIME. Les points vont être dur à récolter car les surfeurs du WQS seront opposés aux locaux hawaiien et aux surfeurs du WCT en course pour la Triple Crown. L'épreuve suivante sera l'O'neill World Cup (Sunset Beach, Oahu), WQS doté de 6* PRIME également.

Shark

Messagepar zitoune » Mar Nov 11, 2008 20:06

est ce qu'avec Bruce Irons qui prends sa retraite y'aurait pas une place en + qui se libérerait dans le WCT?
Ca serait dommage que Bourez passe si près!
Après bon sur les vagues puissantes d'Hawaii, il a de sérieux atouts à faire valoir! :yess:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar zitoune » Mer Nov 12, 2008 23:50

Le premier des deux WQS de fin d'année doit commencer auj (décalage horaire? ou pas lancé car petite houle?) et la houle est annoncée en hausse (à peine 3 ft en ce moment), espérons que bourrez fasse le dernier bon résultat qu'il lui manque :yess:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar Gart » Jeu Nov 13, 2008 19:23

Tiens, là compet' est lancée pour les hommes à Haleiwa :
http://reef.wetsand.com/
Gart

Nombre de sessions: 64

Messagepar yannbok » Jeu Nov 13, 2008 20:53

sympa les conditions :D
yannbok

Messagepar zitoune » Jeu Nov 13, 2008 21:22

je capte pas, j'ai cherché dans les séries j'ai pas trouvé Bourrez? :blonde:
Soutenez surfrepotes.fr

zitoune
Site Admin

Messagepar yannbok » Jeu Nov 13, 2008 21:26

zitoune a écrit:je capte pas, j'ai cherché dans les séries j'ai pas trouvé Bourrez? :blonde:

round 4 HEAT 5 :yess:
yannbok

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Les compétitions